Why You should Start Your Day with Surya Namaskar3 min read
The ancient principles of yoga have given us access to many types of asanas and breath control practices that have beneficial effects on the human body and mind. On the top of this list of such asanas is Surya Namaskar Yoga. Surya Namaskar is a type of yoga asana that has a unique element no other asana does. It consists of 12 linked asanas that are performed in a continuous chain. Starting with warmup asanas like Pranamasana and Hasta Uttanasana, it gradually moves to complex ones like Ashwa Sanchalasana. As it’s known to be a very healthy practice, here’s why you should start your day with Surya namaskar yoga:
- Better Digestion: Bad digestion can have negative effects on your ability to function smoothly on a regular basis. Performing Surya namaskar yoga in the morning will put your digestive organs under strain, encouraging them to function better. This cures any gastrointestinal issues, ensures regular bowel movement and gets rid of problems like gas and bloating.
- Strengthens Muscles: Surya namaskar yoga consists of controlled poses that engage your overall muscles and strengthens them. When you do Surya namaskar every morning, it also stretches out lazy muscles from your sleep and, along with flexible muscles, increases energy levels for the day ahead.
- Reduces Stress: Starting your day with Surya namaskar yoga majorly impacts your mental health. It allows you to get into a peaceful state of mind and collect your thoughts before starting your day. This asana has been known to control the production of the stress hormone called cortisol, which greatly reduces stress levels in your body.
- Improves Concentration: If you are in the habit of consuming a cup of coffee every morning to wake your senses up, getting rid of that habit and practising Surya namaskar instead will work wonders. Surya namaskar increases oxygen levels in your body, increases the supply of the same to your brain. This is very helpful in clearing your mind and increasing cognitive function like concentration. It will help you focus better and be more productive in your day.
- Aids in Weight Loss: Regular Surya namaskar affects your digestive organs, and as it increases energy levels, your metabolism is also boosted. When done at a faster pace, Surya namaskar is also counted as a type of cardio that is extremely effective if you want to lose weight.
- Better Skin and Hair Health: If you suffer from skin and hair problems, Surya namaskar might be able to help. As this asana increases blood circulation in your body, your hair follicles, as well as skin cells, are supplied with a higher amount of nutrients that helps in detoxification. This will help you get better skin as well as healthy hair.
Along with these benefits, Surya namaskar yoga is also very helpful in the long run as it protects your body from any health conditions. Start your journey right away with a cult.fit’s Surya namaskar yoga pack, curated by professionals. This consists of different Surya namaskar routines for you to try out and find the one that works best for you.